Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Bridge Across the Ocean

A Bridge Across the OceanA Bridge Across the Ocean by Susan Meissner
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I don't usually feel that conflicted about book ratings, but this one is tricky for me. Again - Goodreads and the lack of half stars is ridiculous, but here's the deal: Meissner is a good writer, and whoever designs her covers does a great job. BUT I also felt a bit thrown off by a historical fiction book that is partially a ghost story. The book lost a huge portion of interest for me as soon as that storyline was entered in, and then the twist was even more frustrating. Strangely, I had a creepy experience on the Queen Mary when I visited the ship in Long Beach a few summers ago, but not enough to make me relate to the story. All that said, I will for sure read another Meissner book because she creates great characters and compelling plotlines...

Happy reading...but maybe not this one. Life is too short to not read amazing books.

No comments: