Friday, September 28, 2018

Girl, Wash Your Face - Round Two

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to BeGirl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't usually do rereads just a couple months after reading for the first time, but this new momma needed something uplifting and engaging for late night feedings. Hollis' chapters on being a mom were exactly what 3am needed. Still one of the highlight books of the year. Happy reading--

ps. Hollis has a whole section where she talks about giving up Diet Coke. Guess who also has done the same? Miracles do happen. 

Some favorite quotes from this time through-
"Forward momentum is the only requirement."

"I figured out what makes me happy and did those things."

"The only thing standing between achieving my goals is the ability to build on past success."

"You can't fail a job you were created to do." (On motherhood)

"Envision a very specific future."

"I'm still here and so are you." (On our hardest or most traumatic moments)

"I do believe it's possible to find purpose in the absence of explanation."

"But what if?"

No comments: