Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Searching for Sunday

Searching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the ChurchSearching for Sunday: Loving, Leaving, and Finding the Church by Rachel Held Evans
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book is far from my usual type of read, but I read it for a book club and we had the most amazing discussion. Though there were parts that were hard to get through, Evans has so many brilliant passages all the way through. This book doesn't perfectly describe my faith experience because I was not raised Evangelical, but I understand what it means to be a follower of Christ and to at times feel disillusioned. I think this book could have been better edited because it meandered at times. Still the takeaways were incredible. My book has so many tabs sticking out of it, and that was me showing restraint at not having too many tabs on a single set of pages.

One lingering thought that I keep returning to is that having doubts is not the problem in our faith. It is what we do with those doubts that matters. Faith that is not lived is not really faith at all.

Happy reading and happy faithful living--

(Book 89 - 2019)

No comments: