Thursday, September 26, 2019

The Age of Light

The Age of LightThe Age of Light by Whitney Scharer
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I love reading about the American expats living in Paris during the 1920s and 30s, so reading about model turned photographer Lee Miller and the artist Man Ray seemed like a great set up for a book. But to paraphrase another review, this book was a romance pretending to be historical fiction. Way to much sex and drama without any substance. I'm only sorry I kept reading since I just kept assuming that we'd get to more concrete information about these artists whose work has stood the test of time. Instead I'm just annoyed that I wasted my time and should have just watched "Midnight in Paris" again. Man Ray makes a very quick appearance, and well - I just love that movie.

Happy reading, but maybe skip this one--

(Book 92 - 2019)

No comments: