Thursday, July 9, 2020

Pretty Things

Pretty ThingsPretty Things by Janelle Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't usually read mysteries - Louise Penny being the recent exception. But the description of the book was intriguing. Still I was on the fence because I was days away from having a baby, and my reading time was getting short. Then the book opened with a well written and very creepy scene in Lake Tahoe, and I was hooked. The confused morality of who is in the wrong and who is in the right is cleverly constructed by Brown. My loyalties never fully shifted, but I didn't anticipate liking certain characters and hating others. Brown did a great job weaving her story, and now I wish that I was in Tahoe, albeit for a much more relaxed and less dramatic visit.

Read it-- it's like a juicy Access Hollywood meets a high school reunion meets contemporary fiction. How's that for a description? Happy reading--

No comments: