Friday, July 31, 2020

The Last Anniversary

The Last AnniversaryThe Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I love Liane Moriarty - even her less amazing books still hold my attention. I ran through this one, totally hooked to find out about the Munro baby and whether Sophie would meet Mr. Right. I confess I wasn't as enamored with some of the characters in this story (Sophie being one of them), and it was a little disconcerting to read about a new mother who didn't connect with her baby as I was in my first days with a newborn. However, the first big twist was predictable, but the second more subtle twist was so clever and made it so the book is just shy of a four star read for me.

If you like Moriarty, this one is worth reading even if it's just to carry you over until her next book comes out. Happy reading--

No comments: