Friday, February 26, 2021

The Thursday Murder Club

The Thursday Murder ClubThe Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my gosh -this book is SO clever and funny. I loved the characters, their quirks, and their details. I loved the different narrative voices that added great layers to the story. I loved that the main characters were in their 70s and seemed like real people - they weren't simply relegated to the respected elder or sick grandparent. They were men and women with hopes, past successes and failures, specific interests, etc.

The book is more of a 4.5, but I'm rounding up for originality and because the interview at the end of the audio version shed such interesting insights into Osman's reasons behind some of the characterization and plot choices. Also, Osman has already submitted the second book to his editors, so it gets bonus points for not making me wait too long for another book. Quality first novel from Osman!

Happy reading indeed--

No comments: