Sunday, June 20, 2021

The Anthropocene Reviewed

The Anthropocene ReviewedThe Anthropocene Reviewed by John Green
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love John Green. He is a great writer and an even greater human. The Anthropocene Reviewed is his first work of nonfiction. It's not for everyone because he talks about such random things and his world view may not align with yours, but I loved it. I loved how he tied seemingly obscure facts to life and world events. I appreciate his candor about his mental health. I love that Green is tied to Amy Krouse Rosenthal. I finished the book and immediately went back to the introduction again, so that I could better understand what Green was trying to do with his book. I doubt I'll make it through 2021 without picking this book up again.

Happy reading--

ps. It really is not everyone who could tie together a chapter about Diet Dr. Pepper into how the dawning knowledge of the pandemic felt.

pps. I listened to the audiobook, but I also wanted to revisit portions so I would refer to my physical copy (Green is one of the few authors I preorder without knowing what the book is about) over and over again.

ppps. My husband was probably relieved when I finished because of how many dinnertime conversations started with "I was reading that book by John Green, and he said...."

No comments: