Monday, April 30, 2018

The Bookshop on the Corner

The Bookshop on the CornerThe Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Years ago, I stayed in a small town on the edge of the Chatsworth estate in England. The village was so picturesque, I told people that if I ever disappeared, I would be there. Colgan's book was like getting to know the people in that town and the city girl who decides to relocate there when she decides on a life change.

While portions of the book were delightful, the overall plot wasn't amazing. Honestly, I think the reader, Lucy Price-Lewis who also read "The Year of Living Danishly" is half the reason I enjoyed the book so much. Pure escapist fiction that fit the bill after a couple of intense reads.

Happy spring and happy reading--

ps. The author's note at the beginning is almost better than the book. Jenny Colgan seems like a character in Calendar Girl.s - you just want to sit down and chat with them.

No comments: