Thursday, January 17, 2019

After You

After You (Me Before You, #2)After You by Jojo Moyes
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Oh man - I wanted to like this book. I really did. I loved Louisa Clark in "Me Before You" - so much so, that I finished this book despite shaking my head over and over again at the plot twists. Jojo Moyes is still a good writer. She just didn't know where to go with this story and ended up including all sorts of cliched storylines. I read an interview where Moyes said that she did not expect to write a sequel to "Me Before You", and I'm going to pretend she didn't....that way I can slip back into the story of Louisa and Will without what came later....

Happy reading and happy pretending that characters' lives go on the way we want them to--

ps. Probably a 2.5, but you know Goodreads and their lack of half stars....

(Book 5 - 2019)

No comments: