Friday, January 11, 2019

Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say

Tell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to SayTell Me More: Stories about the 12 Hardest Things I'm Learning to Say by Kelly Corrigan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I finished listening to this book through my library's Libby app, and immediately bought it online. That's how good it is. I needed it on my shelf. I needed to be able to return to Corrigan's words over and over again. Are you supposed to read your favorite book of the year in January? I think I might have.

"Tell Me More" is a collection of the twelve things Corrigan is learning to say. It's simple and profound, heartbreaking and inspiring - so many polarizing things that I can't fully (and ironically) put into words. Corrigan doesn't whitewash details. She is raw and unfiltered as she talks through what it's like to lose a father and a best friend alongside the normal day-to-day experiences of raising kids and just living. Her language might be too rough for some, but her voice is authentic. I want to casually run into her while she's walking in Piedmont (she lives about twenty minutes away from where I live) and just talk....because I like how she sees things, how she phrases things, how she's willing to peel back the layers we insulate ourselves with out of fear, pain, or necessity.

In short, I love Kelly Corrigan, and I love this book. The end (or maybe just the beginning).

Happy reading and/or happy listening. Oh, and please, at any point, feel free to tell me more.

[Book 3 - 2019]

No comments: