Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff

Cozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less StuffCozy Minimalist Home: More Style, Less Stuff by Myquillyn Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Anyone who knows me knows that I love being organized and decorating. These two ideas can sometimes seem like contradictory loves because it's often the decor that gets in the way of being organized. The premise of Myquillyn Smith's second book - Cozy Minimalist Home - strikes a chord with me because I want the homey, connected feeling in my home without drowning in things.

I fell in love with Myquillin Smith when I read "The Nesting Place" years ago. That book was the first design/decorating book I'd read cover to cover, and it was inspiring as I worked on setting up my first solo apartment. "Cozy, Minimalist Home" has good ideas, but there's just not enough depth or concrete takeaways. The book spends too much time talking about nebulous things like "defining a style" instead of really getting into how you have a functional, cozy home without all the stuff. I enjoyed the book on the whole, but wanted a bit more when I was finished....

Happy reading and happy home curating (her words, not mine)--

(Book 8 - 2019)

No comments: