Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Life From Scratch

Life From Scratch: A Memoir of Food, Family, and ForgivenessLife From Scratch: A Memoir of Food, Family, and Forgiveness by Sasha Martin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When I'm stressed, I do better listening to non-fiction because people's telling of real life events is easier to follow. So I picked a book about food that honestly wasn't enough about food. There was too much drama, not enough cooking. Martin writes well and tells an interesting story, but I wanted more focus on her cooking a meal from every country in the world, and we didn't even get to that until the last third of the book.

In a world where we don't have infinite time, I'd say that while this book is decent, there are better choices when it comes to food writing. Ruth Reichl and Tamar Adler are the ones that come to mind first.

Happy reading and happy eating--

View all my reviews

No comments: