Tuesday, December 8, 2020

In a Holidaze

In a HolidazeIn a Holidaze by Christina Lauren
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I was looking for something season and light, and this was a bit too much for me. It was my second Christina Lauren book, and I just can't get on board with how juvenile her protagonists are. Exhibit A: the main character spends a whole chunk of the book figuring out that she should be helping in the kitchen at the holidays...and she's in her late 20s. Really?! I kept reading because I liked the premise (reliving the same holiday week "Groundhog Day" style) and the setting (Park City, Utah at Christmas) and honestly the ending was redeeming, but the overall book was just "meh". I won't be doing another one of these books. Too many others I want to get to.

Happy reading and happy holidays--

ps. 2.5 stars

No comments: