Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Florence Adler Swims Forever

Florence Adler Swims ForeverFlorence Adler Swims Forever by Rachel Beanland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I honestly didn't have any clue what this book was about going in, and I'm glad I didn't. I might not have picked it up because there's a lot of sadness wrapped up in well constructed characters and the unique setting of Atlantic City in the 1930s. Still, those characters helped drive the story, and I was hooked from the moment Florence and her red swim cap went off for a swim in the ocean.

The thing that this book does well is show characters worthy of our love and attention that are still hopelessly flawed. It's more real that way because no one is all good or all bad. We're all somewhere in between.

Happy reading and happy daydreaming of swimming--
(Can't wait for COVID to be over so I can take my boys)

ps. I read this in a single day so to say I was hooked is a bit of an understatement.

No comments: