Monday, December 14, 2020

Queenie Malone's Paradise Hotel

Queenie Malone's Paradise HotelQueenie Malone's Paradise Hotel by Ruth Hogan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked Queenie Malone's Paradise Hotel. It was like a less stressful "Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine". Tilda is quirky, but loveable and the characters around her are delightful just like in Eleanor Oliphant. The difference for me is that Eleanor's world views and, in turn, her behaviors are sometimes too awkward for my comfort level, and Tilda's issues are more relatable. This book is a powerful conversation starter for the need to share our stories more and to give people the benefit of the doubt. Plus it's set in a delightful coastal in England. What's not to love?

Happy reading--

ps. I read this in a single day so clearly I was hooked, and Seth was working late. 

No comments: