Saturday, November 14, 2020

Fable

Fable (Fable, #1)Fable by Adrienne Young
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Ummm - this is not my genre, but the book was getting a lot of hype, so I decided to give it a whirl. A fictional world and piracy set on the shoulders of a teenage girl (great cover art of her by the way) and her family drama has potential. It just didn't get off the ground for me. There wasn't enough emotional resonance and not enough rise and fall in the action to care. And by the time I did want to know where it was going, it just stopped. I don't mind a series set up, but come on-- no resolution at all for this first book. I'd give it two stars, except that I think this has more to do with my personal preferences and not loving the audiobook narrator than the book itself. I know past students of mine would love it. So I'd probably say don't read it unless you have a strong leaning towards young adult fantasy novels.

As ever though, happy reading--

No comments: