Wednesday, November 4, 2020

The Home Edit

The Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House GoalsThe Home Edit: A Guide to Organizing and Realizing Your House Goals by Clea Shearer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

For the record I bought this book way before The Home Edit was on most people's radar...I just didn't read it. The book caught my eye a few times while I was shopping at The Container Store, and eventually I just couldn't resist. I love organizing and sorting things. I've considered that as a profession because taking an unorganized space and finding order calms me down in a way few things do, but the book was just okay. Honestly, if I'd watched the show first, I probably wouldn't have bought the book. Their ideas aren't earth-shattering and some of them are pretty unrealistic. I'm not sorry to have some visuals to try and sort out some hard-to-figure-out spots in my house, but there are better home organization books out there. They're just not as pretty.

All that said, this book was a good fit for a distraction from the insanity of tiny humans and the news - hence the three stars, instead of two.

Happy reading and happy organizing--

No comments: