Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Magic Lessons

Magic Lessons (Practical Magic, #0.1)Magic Lessons by Alice Hoffman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't know how I have slowly worked my way through the Practical Magic books because I rarely seek them out intentionally. I just pop Alice Hoffman books in my library queue, and this time it landed me in Salem during the 1600s with Maria Owens. It was a happy surprise for an October read and for a person who loves Miller's play, The Crucible. Hoffman weaves details included in her other books as backstory into a full blown novel while also weaving in details from Salem's witch trials. Most incredibly she includes Judge Hathorne, who infamous both in history in and fiction. While I didn't love the book, it was really good writing and a very captivating story. It made me wish I was still teaching The Crucible. There would have been great tie-in pieces.

Happy reading and happy magical living--

View all my reviews

No comments: