Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Anxious People

Anxious PeopleAnxious People by Fredrik Backman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book. While the plotline is unconventional, the characterization is exceptional. Backman's ability to describe people and their relationships is unparalleled. They are not overly simplified, overly flawed, or overly heroic - they're just people. They have hopes, dreams, and disappointments. They love their kids, aren't sure how to save for the future, or explain to their spouse that they're having a hard time. They have to go to the bank. They want to order pizza for dinner. And yet - the humanity Backman conveys is more than the mundane. I love his work, and I loved this book.

This story is one that you're better off not knowing specifics about it and just diving in. But trust me - it's a really great book.

Happy reading--

ps. What a perfect title for 2020!

No comments: