Friday, September 4, 2020

At the Water's Edge

At the Water's EdgeAt the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The premise of this book was so odd - I have no idea how Gruen decided to write about Philadelphia socialites traveling to Scotland to look for the Loch Ness monster during World War II. I didn't love it, but I was hooked from the beginning. It helps that my husband was working late, and I had no adult contact all day so I literally listened to this book for hours as I cared for my boys and took care of the house. A couple things - this not a typical WWII book even though it takes place during the war. The main characters are just okay. The man and women who run the Scottish inn are more interesting for sure. This is one of those books that I would say to read only if you read a high volume of books....

Happy reading--

No comments: