Thursday, September 10, 2020

The Things We Cannot Say

The Things We Cannot SayThe Things We Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I came to this book after The Stationery Shop and Next Year in Havana - two other books that deal with fleeing a country, a past and modern day element, and separated lovers. I don't know that this style of book is trend per se, but it seems to be one in my own book choices. I was captivated by this story because we don't see parents of children with special needs featured very often and because the idea of not sharing your story while you can is always compelling to me....plus, I read more books about World War II than any other period in history. I loved Tomasz and Alina's mother and liked Alina enough to push through to when she became a more fascinating character. I always liked Alice. I saw twists coming, but figuring them out only made me sadder and more invested. This is a 4.5 star read rounded down because occasionally some of the character details or conversations needed more depth.

Happy reading and hopefully, happy story sharing--

No comments: