Saturday, September 19, 2020

The Screwtape Letters

The Screwtape LettersThe Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Despite being a religious person, I tend to shy away from religiously themed texts. I literally have started and stopped this book a half a dozen times in years past. The evidence of that was a piece of Netflix DVD envelope advertising Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince being used as my book mark. Still like so many others, I love C.S. Lewis' unconventional approach to Christianity. While I may get bogged down in his writing style, the messages he conveys are incredibly powerful. I'm glad to have finally read The Screwtape Letters cover to cover. Can't say I'd immediately recommend it to lots of people, but I would gladly discuss his ideas with anyone.

Happy reading and happy better living--

No comments: