Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Time Keeper

The Time KeeperThe Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I know people think that Mitch Albom is cheesy or cliche, but I love him. Part of my inspiration for finally telling my parents that I was indeed going to be a teacher came from "Tuesdays with Morrie". "The Time Keeper" is probably just a three star book, but the discussion of time and how we measure it, obsess over it, and freak out over the lack of it, etc really spoke to me and made me evaluate my own obsession with time. And maybe I loved this book extra because Seth and I spent a Saturday afternoon at Apple Hill reading together and sneaking bites of apple donuts between chapters.

Albom's books are perfect short reads. They require little effort, always give you something to think about, and make you feel better about the world. Sometimes I need a break from how dark typical fiction can be, and instead spend time thinking about something uplifting and inspirational.

Happy reading!

No comments: