Friday, July 22, 2016

13 Little Blue Envelopes

13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had a few hours to wile away waiting for my car to be fixed. I tucked in to a small cafe and started reading. Because Seth and I just returned from European adventure, I was immediately carried away into Ginny's world and her adventure following letters written by her Aunt Peg before Peg died from cancer. I only took a break to get more to drink and to pick up my car when the call came that it was finished.

This book was a perfect summer read - it's not an amazing book. There are plot details that get thrown out that never get connected back again or such serendipitous occurrences that you're left wishing that you also could magically make people appear to help you too. However, though "Blue Envelopes" lacks the depth of other teen travel adventures, it is still a fun idea that I enjoyed jumping into.

Happy reading--

No comments: