Friday, December 23, 2016

Scrappy Little Nobody

Scrappy Little NobodyScrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Why have I read yet another celebrity book? It's an audiobook trap - oftentimes, memoirs are so much better read because they are read by the author, and I have an audible subscription that gifts me with two audiobooks a month (Yes, I pay for this, but it doesn't feel like it since it happens automatically). I was also mildly tricked into this one as its description said that it was written as a series of essays...and since Anna Kendrick has appeared in smart roles and started as a theater actress, I thought it might be good and more about storytelling rather than random anecdotes. Not quite - but I was entertained. Tina Fey still takes the award for best Hollywood memoir in recent years...so unless you're a major Kendrick fan, stick to Bossypants.

No comments: