Thursday, April 26, 2018

We Should All Be Feminists

We Should All Be FeministsWe Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've never loved the word feminist. It's too loaded with other people's expectations and assumptions. Adichie, however, shows that feminism is simply the desire for women and men to be recognized and treated fairly for who they are and what they can be. It's about one gender being good and one gender being bad. It's about respecting and accepting people. I can 100% get behind that.

For the record, Adichie really is a masterful speaker and writer. I would not be sad to hear her thoughts on just about anything. Happy reading-

ps. This resonated with me the same way Emma Watson's original "He for She" speech did. If you haven't watched that, it's the one she delivered to the UN a few years ago.

No comments: