Saturday, May 19, 2018

Asking for a Friend

Asking for a Friend: Three Centuries of Advice on Life, Love, Money, and Other Burning Questions from a Nation ObsessedAsking for a Friend: Three Centuries of Advice on Life, Love, Money, and Other Burning Questions from a Nation Obsessed by Jessica Weisberg
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to love this book. The premise is awesome. Americans, myself, included thrive on the advice of strangers, but I found myself losing focus as Weisberg talked through some of her chosen advice givers. The short version is that most advice givers of the last three hundred plus years were self-made. They had no real claim to their expertise, but Americans listened anyway. That said, there are some great anecdotal stories along the way, but they didn't make me any less eager for the book to end.

On to the next. Happy reading-

ps. Probably a 2.5, but you know...no half stars....

No comments: