Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Girl, Wash Your Face

Girl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to BeGirl, Wash Your Face: Stop Believing the Lies about Who You Are So You Can Become Who You Were Meant to Be by Rachel Hollis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As I stepped into summer, I needed something light-hearted and encouraging. Hollis' "Girl, Wash Your Face" is exactly that. I honestly had no idea who Hollis was in terms of her social media presence, etc, but you know need to know her brand to enjoy her content. She's smart, real, and funny - all the characteristics you need for someone who is going to draw life lessons from her personal experiences. The content isn't new, but her delivery is great and I will revisit her ideas as I define this new chapter of my life.

Happy reading and happy living--

ps. This is probably too sedate of review - third trimester tiredness fog has definitely settled in, but if it helps, I've told at least half a dozen friends to read this in the last two days...so I really, really liked it.

pps. Hollis also harbored a not-so-secret belief that she would marry Matt Damon. As someone who signed my handwritten notes to friends as Mrs. Damon in high school, I loved her anecdotes about this.

No comments: