Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Things You Save in a Fire

Things You Save in a FireThings You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is my second book by Center, and I'm torn as to whether I'd read another one. Her premises are captivating and fun, but there's something just too simplistic or Hallmark-like about how the stories come together. I know that these are perfect stories for some of my friends, and as someone who loves that Jane Austen always gave her characters happy endings, I should be on board...there's just something missing for me even though I avidly read right through the end.

So this is a "read it or don't" type of recommendation. I think there are probably better choices, but if you are need of a more lighthearted story, this one could be for you.

Happy reading--

ps. I need to talk more about these books with someone, so if you've read any of her work, let me know. :)

No comments: