Thursday, June 18, 2020

Lovely War

Lovely WarLovely War by Julie Berry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was such an interestingly told story. That said, if some of my trusted book friends had not encouraged me to keep going, I might have stopped. The Greek mythology details were initially off-putting for me since they seemingly had nothing to do with the story itself. With time though, Julie Berry's storytelling methods made sense, and the overall tale of Hazel, James, Aubrey, and Colette won me over. So now it's me telling you, read "Lovely War". You'll be glad you did.

Ps. The ironic thing about my change of heart is that I actually really like stories of gods and goddesses alongside the ideas of fate and freewill. Those elements came through. It just took time. Happy reading--

No comments: