Friday, October 2, 2020

The Hunting Party

The Hunting PartyThe Hunting Party by Lucy Foley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Hunting Party is a modern day Agatha Christie. Many of the characters are unlikeable, but like a car crash, you can't look away and you're just dying to know who did it. The title is clever and the characterization so vibrant, that each person seemed to jump off the page trying to plead their innocence. Foley also did a great job of not sharing who, in fact, had died until far into the book. Trying to guess the killer and the killed is a captivating twist.

Are these types of books for everyone? No. I wouldn't even say that they're for me, except that apparently I love these types of books lately. Macabre taste for a rough year, I guess?

Happy reading and happy fall--

View all my reviews

No comments: