Friday, April 2, 2010

Thoroughly Impressed

There are not a lot of people that I look to in the entertainment industry as good role models for how to lead a successful life. Neal McDonough, however, is an exception. McDonough was fired yesterday for refusing to film love scenes for a new ABC show. He said that type of behavior wasn't congruent with his faith and his reputation as a family man. I'm not surprised by the ABC producers' behavior, but I am surprised and thoroughly impressed by McDonough. I love people who are not afraid to stand up for what they believe in.

I know McDonough best from Forever Strong. He played an overly competitive coach who had lost his way in a story that's primarily about Highland High School's rugby team. Sports, drama, and Rudy - how could the movie not be great?

Moral of the post: The world needs more honorable people who are willing to stand for something good. Glad you're one of them. Love you!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Wow, I had no idea that had happened! Ditto what you said. We need more of these types of role models today!