Monday, September 6, 2010

My Love Affair with L.A.

A couple weeks ago, I started missing Los Angeles in a major way, so I decided to put this into my netflix queue: It's not a very good movie (though it does have a few classic scenes - one of which includes Jennifer Garner wielding a bat on a hapless heart-shaped piƱata), but it is a visual love note to Los Angeles. They pan the familiar skyline in the opening shots. Ashton Kutcher's character lives on one of the Venice Canal streets. Eric Dane's character's home overlooks a Malibu beach. Even better, Topher Grace and Hector Elizondo go to a movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery where Maria and I watched a couple classic movies in July.... So last night, I watched "Valentine's Day" while I tried to organize my life, and I went to sleep dreaming of salty breezes and crashing waves. Who would of that this Nor Cal girl could love So Cal so much?!

No comments: