Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future: Life Lessons from a High School DropoutA Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Future: Life Lessons from a High School Dropout by Michael J. Fox
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Normally I don't rate "smaller" books - by that I mean, children's books or books that aren't novel length. However, since you all know about my mild obsession with Fox's written work and his foundation, I had to let you know that I read his most recent book. It's good, not great. It's a let-down if you've already read his other books, but probably pretty funny if you haven't. A few great one-liners (per Fox's perpetual hilarity) and a few good things to think about.... Short review made a little bit longer - I wouldn't choose this as my first choice for a graduation gift. I would definitely pick Maria Shriver's "10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before I Went Out into the Real World" first.

*Just have to say that I love the title. Talk about a great hook.

No comments: