Saturday, December 4, 2010

Revolution

RevolutionRevolution by Jennifer Donnelly
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New York. Paris. Headstrong teenage girl. Recent tragedy. Absent authority figures. French Revolution. Handsome (and naturally mysterious) stranger. Classical guitar. Fireworks. Louis XVI's dead sons' heart. Okay - I lost you on that last one, but up until the dead boy's heart, you were interested. Donnelly's latest book, "Revolution" is great - perhaps not as spectacular as "Northern Light" - but still very good. It helps that I am borderline obsessed with France and the French Revolution, so anything that references Versailles or the Eiffel Tower earns extra points. Simply said, I was captivated by this story to the point that I abandoned sleep, school work, and other practical pursuits in order to finish it. The two stories told simultaneously were haunting and beautiful. Really, really liked it and let's be honest, loved the cover.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks for reviewing! I saw this at the bookstore the other day and was very tempted. I LOVED a Northern Light so I had high hopes this would be great too. Now I have something for my Christmas list:)