Friday, February 4, 2011

True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership (J-B Warren Bennis Series)True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership by Bill George
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book, of course, is another foray into leadership strategy. I have to admit that I went into the book with a bad attitude because I am not a huge fan of the professor who assigned it. That said, it actually was a pretty good book. The author's rhetoric is a bit cliche, but the book won me over with all the personal stories of ordinary men and women doing extraordinary things. My personal favorite was Andrea Jung, the first female CEO of Avon - her passion for empowering women from all walks of life transformed a company. She's a great example of someone finding great success doing something she believes in.

George's main premise that leaders are most successful when they are true to themselves is not earth-shattering, but is line of thinking is well presented. His recipe for successful leadership is actually a good recipe for successful reading.

All in all, I am glad to have read it and would recommend it to people who are into this genre of book.

[I know, I know - not the most passionate or interesting of reviews, but you're catching me on a Friday after a long school week. A girl can only do so much.]

No comments: