Tuesday, October 18, 2011

all these things i've done

All These Things I've Done (Birthright, #1)All These Things I've Done by Gabrielle Zevin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I picked up this book purely because Gabrielle Zevin wrote it, and let’s be honest, because it’s a story set during a futuristic time with chocolate is contraband and caffeine is illegal. Throw in the mob, a decaying New York, illegal imprisonment, and forbidden love, and you’ve got quite the plot. The exposition and conclusion are a little unfulfilling, but I devoured the book just the same. It helped that I was in a “please remain seated until the captain has turned off the ‘Fasten Seatbelt’ sign” kind of place.

I’d recommend it, but I wouldn’t run out and buy it. It’s a library or borrow book for sure. Just the same happy reading and most definitely happy chocolate eating and caffeine drinking--

No comments: