Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Night Circus

The Night CircusThe Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to admit that I was skeptical about this book. I don't really get into the whole circus scene, and a book based around a circus that appears magically on the outskirts of town and is only open at night didn't sound like a strong enough premise to hold my attention. That said, this book was thoroughly engaging after I got past my bias. 

I can’t say that I loved the writing style overall, but I loved the intrigue, the wonder, and the anticipation that accompanied the Le Cirque des Reves (The Circus of Dreams) and the challenge between two unsuspecting performers. The imagery Morgenstern uses is what drew me in page by page. I hope that this book becomes a movie – there is so much possibility, so much artistry that I can’t wait to see put on screen.

No comments: