Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Charlotte's Rose


Charlotte's RoseCharlotte's Rose by A.E. Cannon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I am generally wary of LDS fiction, but I genuinely enjoyed this story of a Welsh pioneer who volunteered to carry a dead woman’s baby across the plains.  This book is geared towards middle-school age readers and is written by LaVell Edwards daughter (BYU royalty). This would be a good book to read with children especially around Pioneer Day.

(yes, if you were wondering, I was obsessed with Oregon Trail, Dr. Quinn, and Little House on the Prairie as a child…can’t help journeying back the that era every so often)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I had a creative writing class from her and I loved it (and her:), she's a total sweetheart. Of course, that doesn't always translate into great fiction, but I did love it more (blasphemy, perhaps?) than some of Dr. Crowe's work....