Saturday, May 26, 2012

To Kill a Mockingbird


To Kill a MockingbirdTo Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To say that To Kill a Mockingbird is a good book is like saying London is a pretty cool city or Paris is pretty at night. Understatements of the century…. Reading To Kill a Mockingbird with my freshmen this year was a fantastic experience. I fell in love all over again with Atticus, not only for his spot-on advice, but for the example he tries so desperately to be for his kids. I know the descriptions of Maycomb and its residents can get tedious for some, but those details make the story. I genuinely can’t wait to teach it again next year.

1 comment:

a.little said...

Amen. We just re-read this and watched the movie. Atticus really is the quintessential good man. So much that we've tossed around the idea of naming a kid after him. Or Scout :) Great review. Hope you are well, dear friend.