Thursday, January 29, 2015

Goodnight June

Goodnight JuneGoodnight June by Sarah Jio
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Oh man - I wanted to love this book. It was a gift from a dear friend who has great taste in books. She hadn't read it though and bought it because the book has a fantastic premise. It is a story that explains how the beloved children's classic "Good Night Moon" came to be - it's a story about books, authors, and friends. It has a great setting - I couldn't love Seattle more. It has letters - I love stories that have letters. BUT - it is so predictable and painfully formulaic. There are glimpses of greatness, but it felt too much like a Hallmark movie...which is a great fit for some, but for me, life is too short to read books like this.

Too harsh? :/

Happy reading!!

No comments: