Saturday, April 18, 2015

I Was Here

I Was HereI Was Here by Gayle Forman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

There must be some sort of magnetic pull between knowing Gayle Forman has a new book and the compulsion I have to add her books to my already too tall stack at Barnes & Noble or to use her latest book to tip my Amazon order over $35 for free shipping.  Whatever it is, since I read Forman's "if I stay", I have devoured each of her new books within a couple months of them coming out regardless of the topic. This time, the book was about the suicide of a college freshman from a small town in Washington, and while some of the plot points were overly dramatic in pure YA style, I read on and on and on. Forman has that kind of power over me, and I'm sure despite the occasional involuntary eye rolls that these books give me, I will eagerly await her next book. My inner fifteen-year-old simply can't help it.

No comments: