Saturday, April 25, 2015

We Were Liars

We Were LiarsWe Were Liars by E. Lockhart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The great thing about this book is that no one is really willing to talk about this book. It's shrouded in enough mystery to make you want you want to read it and tells an interesting enough story to keep you reading. The cast of characters in "We Were Liars" is reminiscent of Rory's Chilton friends in Gilmore Girls - excessively wealthy but broken families from the east coast. Some details are so subtle that it wasn't until the final pages that I understand Lockhart's craft. That said, I'm not in love. I'm still so frustrated that like Gone Girl, I can't decide whether to recommend this book despite the fact that my mouse hovered over that fourth star for a long time. Ultimately, I just know that I am intrigued enough by Lockhart's storytelling that I will be checking out her other well loved books very, very soon. Summer can't come soon enough for me or the infamous liars....

Happy reading!

No comments: