Sunday, November 15, 2015

Orphan Train

Orphan TrainOrphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Shakespeare said, "Brevity is the soul of wit," and honestly, I just am feeling antsy to get back to reading. So the short version of my thoughts on Orphan Train: This book helps crystalize how critical it is for us to feel loved and safe and how devastating it is to children especially when that doesn't happen. I thoroughly enjoyed these interwoven stories, particularly the flashbacks to the midwest in the 30s and 40s. I had a couple "should have seen it coming" moments, but I was so engaged in the story that I wasn't thinking about plot or what was coming. I just was lost in the lives of these two women. Read it...in front of a fire (or if you're like me, a youtube Yule log), with cup of cocoa and cozy blanket. 'Tis the season. Happy reading!

No comments: