Sunday, December 27, 2015

Songs of Willow Frost

Songs of Willow FrostSongs of Willow Frost by Jamie Ford
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I bought this book merely because Jaime Ford wrote it - that's how much I loved his first novel "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" - and then after trying to get into it, I let it sit on my shelf for two years. When I finally did jump in, I found so much potential, but never quite the execution that I craved. "Orphan Train" meets "Joy Luck Club" meets a few other novels....it's a decent book with an exceptional reason for creating the story (maybe I should have started with the author's end note and then read the story??), good enough that I'll read whatever Ford writes next.

Slightly incoherent review that is one part a slightly jumbled book and one part writing when it's almost midnight. As always, happy reading!

No comments: