Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Persepolis

Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood (Persepolis, #1-2)Persepolis: The Story of a Childhood by Marjane Satrapi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I wanted to love this book. People use it in the same sentence as Maus, but I just didn't love it the same. I think I would like Satrapi's story as a teenager. Kids don't understand what's going on around them, so the descriptions of Iran's tumultuous history are interesting, but not quite as compelling as I would have thought. So I give three stars overall, and the fourth star is for originality and educational purpose. This book would be great for a class alongside other Middle Eastern themed literature. Happy reading and happy December--

ps. This is Hawaii book 2 of 4. Yes, I am reviewing them out of order.

No comments: