Wednesday, December 19, 2018

The Book of Mormon...Again

The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus ChristThe Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't typically write reviews for religious texts. In fact, if you go to my Goodreads account, I didn't write a review.  It doesn't feel right to label a text that has meant so much to so many people with a starred review. Still I want to see it alongside the other books that I've read in 2018. I've never read The Book of Mormon twice in one year, but a youth challenge from my ward during the summer and President Nelson's challenge from General Conference has spurred me on. I listened both times, and perhaps that's not the slow, methodical study that was intended, but this was a big jump start for me into making sure I started each day with the scriptures. I saw connections between scripture stories that I hadn't previously seen because I was reading huge sections at a time instead of isolated chapters or verses. Seth and I had regular conversations about our takeaways from our daily reading to the point that I felt like we were personally prepared for the transition to a more home centered Gospel study. We are so blessed to have the scriptures to guide us and help us in our quest to be faithful disciples of Christ.

No comments: