Friday, January 11, 2019

The Book Thief...Again

The Book ThiefThe Book Thief by Markus Zusak
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Choosing a favorite book is like trying to measure ingredients with your bare hands, but when pressed, I tell people that "The Book Thief" is my favorite book. I love this story. I love Zusak's voice and his unique way of shaping language. I love his characters, and the way that their one liners involuntarily come to your lips as you think about them. I love how vivid Himmel Street is and how the messages of this story are so subtle and yet earth-shatteringly profound. I love that Zusak chose death to narrate. And I love that I finally listened to this book. Tiny descriptions and details were layered in that I hadn't noticed in my previous readings. Perfect book to start the year--

Happy reading and happy 2019!

[Book 1 - 2019]

No comments: