Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Home Work

Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood YearsHome Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years by Julie Andrews Edwards
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Julie Andrews is one of those people whose voice has been one of the soundtracks of my life. How often have we hummed, sung, or listened to one of the iconic songs from Mary Poppins or The Sound of Music? So, it was especially enchanting to have her talking in my earbuds for a few days about the Hollywood years of her career. This second memoir spans from the 1960s into the 1980s. While I am thrilled to have heard her read her book, I am sorry to have not had a hard copy in my hands so that I could have seen all the pictures she included in her book.

The reason I didn't rate the book higher is that the book dragged occasionally. I got tired of hearing about the ups and downs her husband had in his work and wished the writing style would vary a bit more from "this happened and then this happened and then this happened". I do think Julie Andrews is a delightful human being, and I cannot wait to put The Sound of Music on again soon.

Happy reading and happy singing-

(2019 - 105)

No comments: